Christmas Festival – raffle request

At last week’s meeting raffles were discussed and it was proposed (and then unanimously agreed) that instead of asking for random donations of items we should try to focus more on ‘high end’ prizes such as a hamper, experience voucher (eg. Haverthwaite railway), meal voucher (at a local pub or restaurant) etc. Raffles at concerts are the main profit-makers of events – in terms of the Marines concert, the only profit-maker.

Therefore, if any parents either work at places (or have friends that work at places) which may be up for donating something along these lines please could you see if you can get anything. In return I can offer advertising space in the concert programme provided that I have the prize and artwork by Friday 9th December – alternatively I can offer advertising in the Marines Concert programme for prizes donated for 4th Feb. Advertising size is landscape A6.

If you require a generic letter from me to back up a request please email me and I can provide it for you.