Thank you to those who have offered to help tomorrow night selling programmes and raffle tickets (it is going to be an amazing raffle – huge thanks to those who have donated items). Please, be at The Cork by 6.35pm as doors will have to open at 6.40 as it is a sell-out.
Please could every member of the wind band be there tonight – we need it to be a full rehearsal!!!!
Please publicise this event via social media etc,
This is a really important day for our fundraising – last year we took just under £1,000. Please email Mr B. at email@example.com if you can sign up to one of the 4 90 minute shifts – only adults and Year 12+ students are permitted to bag pack at the tills, although younger students can old a bucket.
The ensemble performance times are:
10.00am & 1.00pm – Brass Ensemble
10.45am & 1.45pm – Clarinet Choir
11.30am & 2.30pm – Sax Ensemble
12.15pm & 3.15pm – Chamber Choir
Bag-Pack shift are:
Please, please try to help if you can….
Hello all. If you can help with either of the requests below, please email Mr Butler (firstname.lastname@example.org) within the next 2 days.
- Raffle Prizes – we need a few good quality raffle prizes (nice bottles, chocolates, small hampers, toiletry sets etc.) for both the raffle and the Spot The Tune competition. Please bring to the Music Office by Thursday afternoon – unless arranged otherwise with Mr B.
- Mince Pies – as many as possible!!!!! Please also bring to the Music Office by Thursday afternoon.
- Help on the night – please let Mr B. know if you are able to be at The Coro by 6.40pm to help with the selling of programmes and raffle tickets – we usually need 8 people.
Another post will follow shortly about the Booths bag-pack.
Due to most of the people who turned up to last month’s meeting sending their apologies for tonight (with loads of stuff going on at this time of year, it is not a surprise), I have decided to cancel tonight’s meeting.
I will send out info for staffing the Christmas Festival and the bag-pack via this blog.
With a fairly hectic diary over the next 3 weeks, please read the following:
- There is ‘Friends’ meeting on Tuesday to make the final arrangements for the Christmas Festival. All parents are welcome to attend.
- Next Saturday’s small ensemble performances at the Ulverston Christmas Market are now cancelled due to a personal diary clash on my part – entirely my fault!!
- We need some ‘higher value’ raffle donations for the Festival – any donations would be gratefully received and, if a business, we can credit them on the night for supporting the concert.
Attached is the letter that went out last week with all the details of the Festival arrangements as well as other seasonal dates. Please try to make some time on Friday 22nd Dec to help with the bag-pack at Booths. Christmas letter 2017
Unfortunately, I have to cancel the Swing Band rehearsal this Friday (1st Dec) as I have a clash of engagements. The last rehearsal of 2017 will be on Fri 8th Dec.
Could I just say, however, that I was very proud of the band on Saturday. Playing in very difficult conditions everyone played extremely well and I have been inundated with comments from members of the public, complimenting us all on the quality and professionalism of the band.
You certainly know how to make an ageing music teacher feel better about life in general!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have just been informed that the arrangements that I had agreed (a long time ago) for the Swing Band at Dickensian have been changed.
The band is now playing at the Market Cross from 3.15pm-5pm (with a break at 4pm for the official switch-on of the town’s Christmas Lights).
Please could all players be at the Cross for 3pm to help set up as quickly as possible.
Remember to wear warm clothing (including gloves).
Please check the calendar on the home-page for engagements on the run up to Christmas. There have been a couple of changes to who is playing where and when.