Below are the questions from last week’s lesson using the photocopies from the textbook.
I haven’t had the opportunity to scan the documents in and put them on here, but if you need the information just let me know and I can give you a photocopied version 🙂
Demand for energy is growing globally, and at regional and local scales…
1.Where is demand growing for energy around the world?
2.Why in countries such as India and China?
- Which sectors use the most energy in China?
- Where do China get their electricity from?
- What about Japan?
Produce at least one side of A4 notes on these questions using the photocopied pages of the textbook and the additional sheet of information on India.
EXTENSION: Describe what you think the future holds for countries like China and India.
See you tomorrow!
Please find attached a copy of the disaster hotspot presentation, which includes the explanation of a disaster hotspot/multi hazard zone is and the homework guidance in case you have lost it.
Remember the research is due tomorrow – you will be collating what you have at the start of the lesson and I will then let you know if anything is missing once I’ve seen all your information together.
Happy researching 🙂
I am setting you this task on Thursday but here it is if you fancy a quick read before then. Article from The Economist on India’s energy future – you are to make notes in preparation for the lesson on Tuesday 8th November.
Please find the link to the ‘Strings Attached’ article from The Economist about aid from Britain.
Make sure you complete the notes under the headings I gave you in preparation for the lesson on Tuesday 🙂
This is to test whether you’re subscribed and checking the Blog.
Click the link below and have a quick read. Let me know what you think next lesson!
Miss Mardell 🙂
In amongst the interesting array of animations I forgot to take a copy of your presentations! This will act as a test to see who is following the Blog closely – could you please send your presentations to my email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
I will add these to the Blog along with additional info. on the Cold War once I have received them all.
Remember the June 2011 essay question is due in next week – any problems, come and find me 🙂
An interesting read on the status of the Commonwealth after Brexit.
Miss Mardell 🙂
Cold War presentations which you should have started today are due on 15th September!!
Below is the grouping information and what should be included in your presentation. Please bring it on a pen drive, then I will upload them all to the blog once you’ve presented 🙂
THE SPACE RACE BETWEEN USSR AND USA PRESENTATION
- What was the Space Race/when did it occur?
- How did the Space Race fuel the Cold War?
- Which space craft were involved?
- What was the conclusion of the Space Race?
THE CUBAN MISSILE CRISIS PRESENTATION
- What was the Cuban Missile Crisis?
- Where did it occur?
- How did the Cuban Missile Crisis fuel the Cold War?
- What brought the Cuban Missile Crisis to an end?
NUCLEAR WEAPONS PRESENTATION
- What was the Nuclear Arms Race/when did it occur?
- What were the key events in the Nuclear Arms Race between the USA and USSR?
- What caused the Nuclear Arms Race to subside?
KOREAN WAR PRESENTATION
- When/why did the Korean War begin?
- How did the Korean War have connections with the Cold War?
- How did the Korean War end?
VIETNAM WAR PRESENTATION
- When/why did the Vietnam War begin?
- How did the Vietnam War have connections with the Cold War?
- How did the Vietnam War end?
THE MARSHALL PLAN PRESENTATION
- When/why was the Marshall Plan introduced?
- What exactly was the Marshall Plan?
- How did the Marshall Plan have connections with the Cold War?