Please note that you only need to catch up on work for the following lessons:
Enquiry Question 2 – Lesson 2 – Global TNCs and their role
I expect to see the work missed whilst you have been away completed and in your files for next week’s file check.
A reminder that your first additional exam technique session will be running after school tomorrow with Mr Reader in S3.
Please see the attached document for a list of dates and exam questions that will be covered. Make sure you come to these sessions having covered some of the information beforehand so you are able to contribute.
Y13 Exam Technique Timetable 2018-19
Please download the document below and follow the instructions to complete your research.
3 Computer room task for periglacial
A reminder we are in N10 for P1 on Tuesday.
13D – a reminder I am in school today (Monday) – we are in the library for NEA lesson.
I will not be in school the rest of the week though. You are to go to the resource area and get registered then work on your NEA this week. Please feel free to bring in your own laptop to guarantee getting a computer.
Have a lovely Christmas!
- Make sure you all go to S4 at the beginning of the lesson and complete a paper register. One of you is to give the register to Miss Steele.
- You now have two options:
- a) Either stay in S4 and use the textbooks at the front to read and make additional notes on any information you have found challenging on our topics so far (I will leave the post it notes in the books so you have some guidance but feel free to flick through). There is only one copy of each book so you will have to share.
- b) Or, go to the resource area and use the scans I have downloaded onto the Blog to complete the reading. Go to the ‘Y13 Revision Materials’ tab and select the Google Drive link to the folder for ‘Additional Reading’. You will find the scanned chapters in there.
Regardless of your choice, I expect to see additional notes that you have made when we return to school in January.
Have a lovely Christmas 🙂
This homework will be set in Tuesday’s lesson. You are to read the instructions on the worksheet attached and answer the questions – I am happy for you to download the worksheet and just type straight onto it.
2 Homework on Greenland Ice Sheet
The article below is about ‘successes’ of the Sendai Framework and looks at what an earthquake-proof city could look like if it successfully implemented ideas from the framework itself.
I have also attached a link to the full Sendai Framework – you only received a small part of it in the lesson today!
Your homework is to make notes under the following headings using pages 39 – 54 (the actual pages on the document are 35 – 50):
- How is extreme inequality a barrier to poverty reduction?
- How does extreme inequality undermine growth?
- How does inequality hinder poverty-reducing potential of growth?
- How does economic inequality compound gender inequality?
- How does economic inequality drive inequalities in health, education and life chances?
- How does extreme inequality threaten society?
I would highly recommend reading the whole article as well as the bits you need specifically for these questions.
I would like to see that you have completed this work during NEA week next week.
Complete the British Empire worksheet using this clip (watch from 2:38) and your own research:
I have also attached a link to the rest of the documentary about colonial rule and independence in Africa which both groups started in lesson – I would highly recommend watching the whole thing!
5 Next steps
Please see the attached for data presentation information – you will need to scroll through the RGS article in the first link!