I am not in today for the lesson. I was going to focus on two case studies to fill in the gaps in your energy knowledge. In my absence I would like you to do the following:
- HAND IN YOUR ESSAYS TO MR MITCHELL.
2. You need to have an understanding of two case studies of new renewable energy sources that could replace fossil fuels. You need to include information on:
- Outline of the technology
- Estimated output of the technology.
- Evaluation of strengths and weaknesses of the technology – are there any draw backs?
The Ouarzazate solar plant in Morocco. Research links to get you going below:
The Walney wind farm, including recent expansion:
3. I would also like you to complete one essay from the superpowers module and one from the energy module over the half term to hand in on the first Wednesday back – 24th February. Link to the Edexcel past papers here.