Ulverston Book Club: Wednesday 20 July, 7:00pm

book clubJust a reminder about this week’s Ulverston Book Club event.  In doing so, I am of course breaking the first rule of Book Club (ask Mr. Stubbert about this) …

We’ll be meeting for two main purposes – firstly, we decided to try and read Margaret Atwood‘s dystopian classic, ‘The Handmaid’s Tale‘, as the basis of our chat.

Secondly, and maybe more importantly, we have a -long- list of titles which are available from Cumbria Libraries which can be loaned out in multiple sets for books clubs, which means we can start to make decisions about a forthcoming programme.

For more information, please reply to this thread or come and see Mr. Guerrero.

About

English Teacher; Shakespeare Geek; Science Fiction Nerd; Adult Fan Of Lego (AFOL); Scrabble Warrior; Television Refusenik. Above all, READER ...

Tagged with:
2 comments on “Ulverston Book Club: Wednesday 20 July, 7:00pm
  1. Eleanor says:

Do we have a Book Club at school?

• aguerrero says:

The answer to that, Eleanor, is … NOT YET!

But come September, if we can drum up the interest, I am completely ready to get one going. I wouldn’t be surprised if Miss Thompson and Miss Wisdom (our new teacher, starting in September) wanted to get in on the action too.

If I ruled the world, I would start a Science Fiction book club. Is that something you would be interested in, or should we start with something less ‘niche’, do you think?