Literally, Literary Cool: Mrs Downing

cover Fantastic-Mr.-Fox-by-Roald-DahlCoolness is an admired aesthetic of behaviour/appearance/style so therefore my character has to be Mr. Fox, created by Roald Dahl in his book Fantastic Mr. Fox.

A clever, brave and fearless protector of his family – brought to life by the brilliant illustrations of Quentin Blake.

His tweed jackets, waistcoats and neck ties make him a sharp dresser too!

About

English Teacher; Shakespeare Geek; Science Fiction Nerd; Adult Fan Of Lego (AFOL); Scrabble Warrior; Television Refusenik. Above all, READER ...

Tagged with:
32 comments on “Literally, Literary Cool: Mrs Downing
  1. Layla says:

I have read this and also watched the movie πŸ™‚ I love this book

2. Lucie-Kate says:

Ireally like this book, it is both funny and exciting πŸ™‚

3. Eleanor says:

I really enjoy this book, i find it funny and exciting. I would recommend it πŸ™‚

4. Connor Braithwaite says:

I love this book to amazing i could read it over and over again.

• aguerrero says:

I think we ALL have some books like that. Miss Thompson’s is Jane Eyre. I think mine is The Woman In Black!

5. Kyle Winder says:

Yes Mrs Downing I really like this book and I agree with what you have put but I also think this charecter by Roald Dahl is also LITERALLY COOL he is called Willy Wonka out of Charlie and the chocolate factory.
    The Twits is also a good book.

6. Oliver Atkinson says:

it sounds like a really good book i wil make sure to read this when i can, but you should do mr and mrs twit because they are Roald Dahl to.

7. kyle simm says:

i agree on the comment becayse i read it in year 7 and i enjoyed it becaune you never know what will happen next

8. Jackson Donnan says:

I agree with you Mrs Downing Mr fox is Brave, clever and fearless but i would of choose a diffrent character like Mr Twit for the Twits which is also written by Roald Dahl. I really enjoy The Twits because they play awful tricks, I really would recommend you to read this.

9. jamie butcher says:

i enjoyed it… i read it last year

10. harry says:

very good book

11. Lucie-Kate says:

If you like this book then you might like Roald Dahls book Matilda which is my favourite book by this author. I like it because it is a really funny book about a young girl who is mistreated by her adopted parents and was sent to a horrible school, her teacher had a punishement that wasn’t a normal one like detention instead it was the chokie but things change and there is a happy ending πŸ™‚

• Eleanor says:

Matilda is the best of Roald Dahl!

• aguerrero says:

Matilda IS the best character ever, Eleanor. I would love to have a daughter like Matilda, although I would be a little scared of upsetting her, given her talent for revenge …

12. Harvey Atkinson says:

I read this book and it was very good I like

13. Layla Thorne says:

If you have read and enjoyed this book you might also like The Twits or The Giraffe The Pelly And Me, both are very funny and entertaining. But really, all Roald Dahl books are very funny and enjoyable for adults and child. My personal favourite Roald Dahl books are The BFG, Matilda and The Witches. The BFG is about a giant called The Big Friendly Giant or The BFG for short who takes a girl from her window… The Witches is about what REAL witches look like and how they are trying to turn all the children in the world to mice!… Matilda is about a very smart young girl who has horrid parents who adopted her and her horrible head teacher who hates children herself. Go and have a read of them πŸ™‚ Out of The BFG, Matilda and The Witches my favourite is The BFG because it is jam packed full of funny made up words and even though it isn’t real, it makes you believe that giants are real…

14. Eleanor says:

If you enjoy this book you will enjoy others, i personaly recommend The Big Friendly Giant, it is really funny and entertaining for children and adults. I think Roald Dahl writes amazing books as i have read many of them and they never get boring! πŸ˜‰

15. jakemckeown says:

I remember reading that years ago! The book and the film were great!!! πŸ˜€

16. Jonathan S says:

This book is very funny! I will never tire of reading it!

17. Eleanor says:

β™₯I read this book, it is really well written. My favourite character is (not from this book) Lyra from Northern Lights. She is great!
    really recommend this book if you have not read it!β™₯

• aguerrero says:

To my shame I didn’t read Northern Lights until relatively recently, but they are great books and I would recommend them to anyone interested in Fantasy.

18. Jonathan S says:

I have got nearly all of Roald Dahl’s books!

19. Alice Wood says:

I love all of Roald Dahl’s books, but I think that Matilda is the best!