1. The top ten countries that spend the most on defence. There’s a clear leader…..
2. A fascinating insight into the possible changes in ethnicity in some parts of England
3. The G7, the global group of 7 industrialised nations, meets on 7-8 June. Climate change is high up the agenda.
1. Conservation contrasts: the Lake District begins its formal bid for World Heritage status, whilst on the same day an EU report highlights the decline of the UK’s biodiversity.
2. India is set to become the world’s largest country in terms of population size by 2020. A lot needs to happen to it’s economy before then
3. China is looking to rapidly expand the number of nuclear power stations in the country, but are they prepared for a Fukushima type accident?