1. The unintended consequences of globalisation: homework completed by the light of McDonald’s.
2.There are now 31 low income countries in the world, fewer than ever before.
3. A bit of destructive wave action to get you in the mood for summer
We are looking at the positives and negatives of the many facets of globalisation this week.
I would strongly suggest that you take an hour out sometime this week to watch the BBC programme ‘The super rich and us’
It touches on many of the arguments we have already looked at regarding inequality, such as how the wealth of the top 1% has increased significantly whilst the remaining 99% have seen a decline in wealth. It focuses on the UK and London in particular.