Happy New Year! Kicking off 2016 with a brief snapshot of some of the stories that cropped up in the holiday period.
1. No one can have missed the flooding that occurred across the UK over the Christmas period. This is a very useful collection of many of the key events and issues surrounding the flooding.
2. Greenland’s glaciers are losing a lot of ice, and its only going to get worse…
3. MP’s have given the go ahead for fracking under National Parks.
4. Antarctica from space
Weekly links are late due to the flooding and power outage in Lancaster.
- Storm Desmond. Need I say more….
2. One for year 13 – energy being used as a weapon against Crimea peninsula.
3. Mt Etna had erupted for the first time in two year
4. UK employment in numbers courtesy of ESRC.
Information, resources and links for A level and GCSE geographers at UVHS. Some of the content has been adapted from resources on the Edexcel Geography Ning and from Schoology – we are exceedingly grateful and hope this blog works to provide ideas and support for other Geography teachers as well as pupils.