Good morning all,
I hope the last minute touches to your NEA are going smoothly. Just a few reminders for you:
- Use the NEA help tab on the blog – there is a student friendly checklist but also a PDF of the actual mark scheme we will use to mark your NEAs. It is marked /70.
- A reminder that the data presentation, analysis and evaluation of methods and the conclusions & overall evaluation of the investigation sections are the heaviest weighted at 24 marks each.
- There are examples of good NEAs on the Edexcel website, check them out if you’re still not sure about structure
- Remember that each page must have your name, candidate number and centre number at the top.
- Try to number all pages and include a contents page.
- Include references at the back and I would recommend a cover page with your title, name, candidate number and centre number.
- Your deadline is the first Tuesday back after half term – make effective use of your time on Monday to print and get yourselves organised.
Good luck – you’re almost there!
Please find the pages from the textbook for the UK Challenges section attached. Use them to complete all your UK challenges worksheets if you haven’t completed them already.
You also need to complete the short answer exam questions on UK Challenges. These are all due on 27th February 2019.
UK Challenges Textbook Pages
Any questions, come and find me.
Please follow the Y13 Revision Materials tab and then ‘additional exam technique sessions’ link for the first plan from today’s session.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Equally if you feel like you want to have a go at answering this 20 marker, please complete and then hand in to me for marking.
Please note that you only need to catch up on work for the following lessons:
Enquiry Question 2 – Lesson 2 – Global TNCs and their role
I expect to see the work missed whilst you have been away completed and in your files for next week’s file check.
We will complete this task in the computer room tomorrow (Fri 1st Feb)
For you exam you need to have some case studies to show the role of local government in attracting investors. You are going to create two A4 sheets to print. Use the links below to create factsheet 1, and p251 / your own internet research to create factsheet 2.
- Factsheet 1: Manchester Enterprise Zone / Airport City
- Factsheet 2: Cambridge Science Park
For each factsheet outline:
- How local government is involved in the plans
- Which investors / companies have been attracted by the policies
- The benefits of this investment and importance of each site globally.
Manchester Airport City
Due to the weather conditions, the after school exam technique session is cancelled today. It will be postponed to a later date.
A reminder that your first additional exam technique session will be running after school tomorrow with Mr Reader in S3.
Please see the attached document for a list of dates and exam questions that will be covered. Make sure you come to these sessions having covered some of the information beforehand so you are able to contribute.
Y13 Exam Technique Timetable 2018-19
Please download the document below and follow the instructions to complete your research.
3 Computer room task for periglacial
A reminder we are in N10 for P1 on Tuesday.
On Tuesday we will be in D12 p5 and N10 p6 working on our local investigation about the need for regeneration in Ulverston. I’ve attached the resources that we will be using on Tuesday.
Media evidence – need for regeneration in Ulverston