There is now a link attached to the ‘GCSE Course Information & Revision Materials’ tab that will take you to the after school revision materials so far this year. You can then download the materials and work through the information/answers yourselves.
You will need to scroll to the bottom of the page to find the link.
I am not in school for P1 or 2 tomorrow. Please go to S4, get registered if someone is there to register you (if not, please register yourselves and take to Ms Steele). You are then to follow these instructions to complete the work – it will take the double lesson:
Produce a timeline of key events during the Cold War period. Take one of the GCSE History textbooks from my desk in S4 (which MUST be returned to S4 at the end of the double lesson) and use in conjunction with the PowerPoint called Lesson 4 Patterns of Power Change 2 Cold War (can be found in EQ1 on the Superpowers tab on the blog). Start from slide number 5 and follow the instructions for recommended page numbers. Notes should be brief as this is background information only. There are also Youtube clips in the notes section of the slides that can be watched to support if needed. I expect to see a completed timeline ready for discussion next lesson.
I am back in school at lunch time if you need anything.
I will see you next Tuesday (as we miss Friday’s lesson due to Bank Holiday – enjoy!)
Please click on the tab called ‘GCSE course information and revision materials’ to access blank revision spider diagrams for each of the topics on the 3 GCSE Geography papers.
The link can be found in the italics section or you can follow this link:
Remember there are a variety of additional revision materials for you to access on this blog, including our Manchester case study which is not in the revision guides.
Happy revising 🙂
Please remember you are in N10 for the double tomorrow morning.
Your task can be found below – I will explain what you are to do when I see you.
6 Yosemite National Park worksheet
Good morning all,
I hope the last minute touches to your NEA are going smoothly. Just a few reminders for you:
- Use the NEA help tab on the blog – there is a student friendly checklist but also a PDF of the actual mark scheme we will use to mark your NEAs. It is marked /70.
- A reminder that the data presentation, analysis and evaluation of methods and the conclusions & overall evaluation of the investigation sections are the heaviest weighted at 24 marks each.
- There are examples of good NEAs on the Edexcel website, check them out if you’re still not sure about structure
- Remember that each page must have your name, candidate number and centre number at the top.
- Try to number all pages and include a contents page.
- Include references at the back and I would recommend a cover page with your title, name, candidate number and centre number (and a word count somewhere visible).
- Your deadline is the first Tuesday back after half term – make effective use of your time on Monday to print and get yourselves organised.
Good luck – you’re almost there!
Please follow the Y13 Revision Materials tab and then ‘additional exam technique sessions’ link for the first plan from today’s session.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Equally if you feel like you want to have a go at answering this 20 marker, please complete and then hand in to me for marking.
Please note that you only need to catch up on work for the following lessons:
Enquiry Question 2 – Lesson 2 – Global TNCs and their role
I expect to see the work missed whilst you have been away completed and in your files for next week’s file check.
A reminder that your first additional exam technique session will be running after school tomorrow with Mr Reader in S3.
Please see the attached document for a list of dates and exam questions that will be covered. Make sure you come to these sessions having covered some of the information beforehand so you are able to contribute.
Y13 Exam Technique Timetable 2018-19
Please download the document below and follow the instructions to complete your research.
3 Computer room task for periglacial
A reminder we are in N10 for P1 on Tuesday.
13D – a reminder I am in school today (Monday) – we are in the library for NEA lesson.
I will not be in school the rest of the week though. You are to go to the resource area and get registered then work on your NEA this week. Please feel free to bring in your own laptop to guarantee getting a computer.
Have a lovely Christmas!