1. The unintended consequences of globalisation: homework completed by the light of McDonald’s.
2.There are now 31 low income countries in the world, fewer than ever before.
3. A bit of destructive wave action to get you in the mood for summer
Presentations on the following topics for Thursday’s lesson please:
Please bring your presentation on a data stick or upload it straight to Google Slides. I will upload all of the presentation into the Drive after the lesson.
1.Alaska’s glaciers have lost 75 gigatons (a gigaton is a billion metric tons) of ice per year from 1994 through 2013.
2. Planning has just been approved for the world’s largest Potash mine… And it’s In a National Park. Economic sense or a mockery of National Park protection?
3. From an Internet users point of view this is one of the most important maps in the world.
4. Lots of thunder and lightening on Sunday. Here’s a reminder of what causes it.
We discussed the end of the British Empire post WWII and the start of the Cold War: rise of a bipolar world under the ‘Superpowers’ of USA and USSR.
See you on Tuesday.